Thursday, January 3, 2008

Obama

In the summer of 2004, after Obama's speech to the Democratic Convention, I emailed a friend a short message: it read "Obama 08?" She immediately responded with something along the lines of "Don't count Hilary out".

Obama's speech just now was the best speech I've seen him give in the intervening period. He had, of course, a cheering crowd, and he was, of course, pumped up by the win, but nonetheless, I thought it was extremely good. And now the commentators seem to be saying the same thing.

Yours. wondering if he just won the whole shebang in that speech,
N.

2 comments:

awareness said...

Amazing how one little state has the ooooomph to affect the road to the White House, eh? That and now the media spin and interpretation of the fallout will open up the doors fully for Obama to lead the way I believe.

I felt the same way during that first Obama speech in 2004. It was dynamic and stirring....and it made me wonder if this is the guy to lead the Democrats.

Given that Edwards focused all of his attention on Iowa (like Carter did in the past) and not much at all in N.H. it may be that his strategy has backfired. He is the one I'm most keen to see win, and have all along. Now, I'm not sure he and his team will be able to fight the tide coming in.

ps. my husband has predicted that Richardson will be asked to be VP running mate........stated this a while back. he may be right.

we'll be watching too with sporting interest.

Bobkat said...

That sounds like it was one hell of a speech!

Your system of politics is quite different to ours but in the ned a good speech can win the day in either system.