Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's hard to get into the spirit

With our going away for much of next month, we've decided not to get a tree, not to put up decorations, not to get into the house-part of the holiday spirit.  And that,  I find, makes it harder to get into the non-house-part of the spirit too.
And now, it seems that our long tradition, with several other local friends, of having a joint party for the Christmas parade, is at risk of not happening this year.  It's not terrible, but it is a little sad.  There is still some hope, and it is possible that it may still happen.  We shall see.

Yours, wanting to feel more in the spirit,
N.

2 comments:

awareness said...

Good early Monday morning.... I just read all of your Thanksgiving posts and loved them all. We do have much to be thankful for, don't we, though I have a tough time being thankful for Monday mornings.

It would be difficult to get into the spirit of Christmas without the traditional decorations put up around the house..... but it sounds like you're going on a bit of an adventure?! That always puts me int he spirit of things. Can't wait to hear about it.

I'm glad you enjoyed your time off..... and loved the explanation of the fake Santa.

Cornish Dreamer said...

Oh, I hope you feel more in the spirit soon :-)

I have to admit that I've been wishing to feel more in the Christmas spirit too...life is rushing by so fast that I can't seem to comprehend that it'll be Christmas in 26 days.