Sunday, August 25, 2013

Beach bread

It's one of the things that makes the beach for me.  Beach bread --- for some reason, the brackish water there seems to make the best bread.  Or perhaps it's the relaxed lack of caring in the way I make it that makes it wonderful.
Anyway, this year, I was unable to find parchment paper at the store there, and had neglected to bring my own (I have a stack of full sheet-pan sized sheets of parchment at home, and usually remember to bring some with me).  As a result, I just wasn't feeling the love for breadmaking, and didn't make a single loaf.
In fact, I realised today that it's been quite a while since I baked bread at all -- well over a month, possibly two!  And with my boss coming over for supper tomorrow night, I decided that I should get back into the baking swing.
Bread dough, my simplified version of the NYT already-simple no-knead recipe, now rising, ready to be shaped tomorrow lunchtime, and baked after I get home from my afternoon class.

Yours, feeling the knead, even for no-knead,
N.

No comments: