Friday, July 13, 2012

Upsetting my little world

I'm a creature of habit.  I get used to the way things are, and don't like it when change is forced upon me, even with little things.  And over the past few days, two little things have been changed which are upsetting.
The first is immediate: Viacom and DirecTV are in a fight at the moment, and as a consequence, I can no longer watch the Daily Show.  A little fixed point in my life got taken away.
The latter is not immediate, but it will be just as annoying when it happens.  Google is going to cease supporting igoogle as of next year, claiming that there are lots of ways to customize chrome to make it do the same sorts of things --- but I've just spent a couple of days looking into how to do that, and can't see any way to make it work.  And as for working in a different browser, such as firefox (or worse, IE),....

Yours, niggled,
N.

No comments: