Sunday, July 8, 2012

Reading

It looks like I might finish another book this month.  No, not writing, reading.  Ever since Boo and Skibo came to fill our lives, my reading habit has been depressed, diminished and demolished.  From reading several books a week, I went to counting books per year.  In single digits.  Digits on one hand.  Sometimes plural.
My friend F, best friend in college who went to best friend in the world, sent me a book a couple of weeks ago, and it has me enthralled.  All about the interplay of place and taste,  American Terroir is turning out to be an amazing read.  Rowan Jacobsen, the author, examines foods from apples to oysters, honey to chocolate, finding examples of local producers who bring out the best with help from their terrain, soil and climate.  A wonderful read!
Yours, finding great joy between the covers of a book again,
N.

No comments: