Monday, July 30, 2012

Salmon in parchment

I made salmon in parchment last night: first time in quite a while that I've cooked it that way, and I was reminded of how delicious it can be.  First we cut folded sheets of parchment to obtain heart-shaped paper:  I julienned some red pepper and zucchini, and placed them together with some slender asparagus spears on one side of the heart: I spooned a little ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil dressing over the vegetables, placed fillets of salmon atop the vegetables, and lemon slices on the fish.  Next I folded over the heart, and starting at the top, twisted the cut edges of the paper to seal.
The fish took about 10 minutes to cook (and actually, at least one piece could have used a little longer:  but I ended up eating that piece and enjoying it!)

Yours, sealed with a twist,
N.

No comments: