Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Okay, so I lied

My memory did indeed fail me.
The last time that I saw the Boat Race live, from the banks of the Thames, at a boat house, was 1987 (or thereabouts).
The last time I got to watch live on television was before that.
The last time I got to watch live was on the web: for about three or four years the BBC webcast it live, and I got to watch a wonderfully exciting two inch image of the race. It was great. Then the final year that they had the rights our DSL went out half an hour before the race, and I didn't get to see it.

Last year I did get to watch the race, just not live: I listened to the LBC radio feed over the net. I got to watch the official video of the race at a Boat Race supper organised by an Oxford/Cambridge society in Halifax. A tremendous time was had by all, most particularly yours truly, and so to them I'd like to say thank you!

Yours, in erratum,
N.

1 comment:

Cornish Dreamer said...

Ah, "The Boat Race". I never really figured out which team I should support: I lived just outside Oxford when I was very young, but lived in Cambridge in my early twenties (I used to go down to the river to watch the training sessions). Normally I just watch and enjoy supporting both teams. I hope you get to watch it this year.