Monday, March 24, 2008

The election

I'm so looking forward to the primary season being over. At that point, I hope that the race can get serious, and folks who disagree little with each other can work together to pass bills that they have in common.
The suggestion today seems to be that, second to Clinton winning the presidency, her favourite outcome would be Obama losing to McCain in the general. That way she could run next time around as the "I told you so" candidate.
But I suspect that if the reason that Obama loses in the general is perceived to be the fact that Clinton has soured it for him, then democrats in four years time are likely to hold a grudge. She'd do far better, in my mind, strengthening the democratic brand, becoming a strong democratic leader of the senate, and then working from there.

Yours, for peace,
N.

No comments: