Wednesday, February 20, 2008

McCain and the IseWoman

I do not like McCain: I think that he has had a free pass from the press on multiple issues: he's touted by the media as a "straight talker" when he has flipped more flops than a pair of sandals: and he is seen as a paragon of ethics in politics in spite of being "One-of-Five" in the Keating scandal back in the late eighties/early nineties.
Nonetheless, I don't think that the issue here is whether he had a sexual relationship with Ms Iseman: that should be an issue between him and his wife, and of course, if true, I guess also Ms Iseman.
No, I believe that the more important issue here is this: what the heck was he doing having such an intimate relationship (I mean in terms of the closeness of the friendship) with a lobbyist, inviting her along at completely inappropriate moments?

Let's not focus on the sex: let's focus on the policy favours he did for her.

Yours, favouring this approach,
N.

No comments: