Thursday, February 21, 2008

Imagination

LOML was out this evening for dinner, having cooked a meal for our friends, one of whom has had a couple of strokes recently. So I was left to have dinner with Boo and Skibo by myself: and it was a lovely time (mostly). We had roast chicken, with salad, and they both were more than happy to chow down on the chicken. Neither of them are big fans of salad, so I got them to pretend that the red lettuce leaves were strawberries, and from there, their imaginations took off: they both finished off their salads, alternately pretending they were eating m&ms, mandarin oranges, even some really weird things like leaves with caterpillars on:-)

All in all, a lovely evening.
Yours, smitten with their imaginations,
N.

2 comments:

alice c said...

I can see the principal but I am a bit concerned about the practicalities. You have obviously not had experience of a naughty little boy who really does eat caterpillars.

Ginnie said...

You are a genius! I have heard that it can take up to 25 presentations of a food before a picky eater kid will accept it. Those people need to meet you to find a more creative and speedy approach!