Monday, May 16, 2011

Spring cleaning the windows

My tablet computer had been misbehaving recently, so we've decided it's time to give it a makeover.  Not a new machine, but a complete re-installation from scratch of the operating system.  Now, I've put windows on machines before, and I know how much joy that brings, and in spite of being un-working for the next few weeks (meaning that some days I might not even go into the office at all!) I decided that it was better to get my sysadmin to do the heavy lifting instead: and since he needed to check the registration of my ipad, and also set up a new internal drive for my laptop, I got to give him lots of important busy work to do today.

To give him due credit, he finished two of the tasks, and we'll get the tablet back tomorrow.

Yours, technically speaking,
N.

No comments: