Monday, May 16, 2011

Remembering the past

I have to admit that the fact that I've posted every day for a year or more is misleading: I've put posts up several days after their origin....
There are two reasons for this: sometimes I feel very uninspired to post: but at the same time, I do want to keep a record of what I've been doing, and I actually rather like the effort to remember what happened a few days ago.
I write it in the present tense by choice, mainly to preserve a sense of narrative for me when I go back and reread old posts.
A couple of days may bring a little perspective too: but not really very much. True perspective only comes with the years (and probably another person's view of a situation).  And perspective is only worth shining on a few bright shining moments in a few lives: the rest of us and the rest of our times are the filler, the background, the shading, to a larger story.

Yours, filling in a little,
N.

No comments: