Monday, June 2, 2008

Facebook to facebook

I still don't understand facebook. I don't really see what advantages it has over blogging: and I see a bunch of disadvantages. But I have taken a few more facebook-y steps in the past couple of days.
My cousin friend-ed me on facebook on the weekend, and of course I confirmed her to my circle of friends: this reminded me that I was a member of facebook (don't ask why: there is a not-great, and prosaic reason). I hadn't logged on in at least many months.

But since I had logged on, I looked to see what some people I knew were doing: one, it turned out, had gone to study at Oxford for a year, which was surprising and interesting, and gave me the impetus to email her and find out how things had gone.
Today I found myself being friended again by some new people. When will it end? Probably when I don't get facebook still, and hence don't interact with it!

Yours, faceless,
N.

3 comments:

Cornish Dreamer said...

I don't get Facebook either N, especially all that "Funwall" business. But good on you for keeping it going.

Jennifer said...

I'm a Facebook junkie. I know, I'm weird ;)

awareness said...

you mean Facestalker?

I am an infrequent attendee of the facebook cocktail hour, though I havent deleted my "membership" because every time i am going to do so, i get an interesting, how the heck are you email....

i don't like the feeling that you have to accept all friend invites.....however, i am now a friend of my daughter's which makes for interesting discussions.