Thursday, December 27, 2007

Baking at midnight

So today I decided to whip up a slow batch of bread: using some old dough as a starter, and giving it a really slow rise. I made it a nice loose dough so it should develop some nice texture, a nice open structure.

Only problem was that it thus developed really really slowly. And combining that with the fact we went for a good long walk this afternoon, so I shaped it a couple of hours later than I intended, I've ended up just putting it into the oven a few minutes ago!

Oh well, at least it is the holidays, so I don't have to get up early tomorrow morning. And I'd probably have stayed up to watch the political discussions of this morning's new anyway.

Yours, crustily,
N.

2 comments:

Joke said...

Awaiting updates,

I remain,

-J.

Flowerpot said...

hope you had a great Christmas, N. You'l be amused to know taht RT gave Himself the most wonderful bread book for Christmas - a real bible! It looks terrific so I will be reporting back on progresss!