Friday, October 8, 2010

More possums

The title of this post notwithstanding, I don't actually believe that more possums have been involved.  In fact, I believe we've seen exactly two possums this week.  The one in the recycling bin, and the one who came in the window.
Three times.
Once yesterday, and then this evening there she was again, surrounded by barking mad dogs.   I took the dogs out of the room, and managed to shoo her out of the window again.
Relieved, I went back to putting Boo and her friend (here for a sleepover while LOML and Skibo are camping with the cub scouts) to bed.  
A few minutes later, when I went through to that room again, I saw a scurrying little creature, and hear a little pattering.  Sure enough, she was back in the house again.  This time I had to chase her around, blocking her way with a broom, a door, a foot a couple of times, until finally she headed out the door I'd left open for her exit.

I'm not sure why we're being so blessed with possum visits today.  And I'd rather they didn't come back, at least not in the house.

Yours, noticing that none of them have "played possum" at all.
N.

No comments: