Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Advertising a course

I"m offering a course for honors students next semester, and the honors college put together a poster presentation session this afternoon so that all eighteen or course could be advertised together.  I was very impressed with the students who showed up and showed interest:: they asked good questions, and seemed unscared by what could potentially be scary mathematics. 
It appears that any concerns that I had that I might not have enough students are unfounded.  Now the question appears possibly to be this; how many students am I going to have to turn away?

Yours, excited, and a little nervous,
N

1 comment:

carmilevy said...

Talent is its own magnet. How amazing for you that the right elements are being attracted so thoroughly and so strongly.

Your students are lucky indeed.