Monday, June 29, 2009

The busiest two weeks of my life

Or perhaps, just the busiest two weeks of this year.
I'm one day in to the twelve day period (with two of those being off-days, on the weekend, but for the big party we throw each year on July 4th).
This morning I met the new students who'll be taking "boot camp" from me for the next five weeks or so: we start on Wednesday morning: then on to all sorts of research related meetings, ending up the day with a thesis defense (only two more to go this month, and then I'm clear for at least a year or so!)
And again, over the past few days, I have had three or four people ask me how I'm enjoying those lyrical, mystical, imaginary long summer vacations that academics are rumoured to experience.

Yours, definitely lacking in that experience this year,
N.

No comments: