Monday, August 25, 2008

Birthday pizza


I didn't manage to get a photo of the dessert pizza we did at the beach, it seems.
I prepared a batch of brioche dough, and froze it to take down to the beach: I thawed
it there, and baked it as a dessert pizza (see earlier posts for the Joke-inspired recipe).
But I still had half a batch of brioche dough left.
And our friends are cinnamon roll afficionados: so I stretched out the dough, rolled
it flat, put some butter on it, folded it, rolled it, folded it, rolled it, folded it, rolled it, folded it, rolled it, folded it and rolled it.
Then I brushed it with egg, sprinkled it liberally with cinnamon sugar and chopped pecans, rolled it up into a roll, chilled it, sliced it into one-inch slices, pressed into butter and sugar in a pan, baked until the butter/sugar became caramel, and the buns were baked.
Apparently delicious.

Oh, and if you have no rolling pin available, buy a bottle of wine, preferably claret-shaped, drink the wine (or decant it), wash, and it works at a pinch as a rolling pin! Who needs a fully equipped kitchen?

Yours, rollin', rollin', rollin',
N.

2 comments:

carmilevy said...

This would play big in my hometown of Montreal. Food like this is essentially religion for the natives.

Well, it is, at least, for me :)

I'm hungry again. I ALWAYS get hungry when I visit. Definitely a good thing.

BreadBox said...

I don't typically eat sweet food: but I was reliably informed that these cinnamon rolls were above and beyond the call of duty of a beach chef.....

N.