Monday, January 23, 2012

Moroccan cuisine

When I was out west late last year, I ate at a superb Moroccan restaurant: a good enough feast that I asked the waiter to tell me about the ingredients and the preparation (in hopes that he'd get the chef to come out to talk to me, but no such luck...)
Inspired, though, I came home and have cooked a few meals in this style since then.  LOML and I are running a cooking class in a couple of months on tagines and the like, and it's been fun making sure that I know what I'm talking about!
At some point in the near future, I'll post some recipes: once we decide on the menu for the class: at the moment it's looking like
  • Chicken tagine with apricots and almonds
  • Tomato, cucumber and onion salad
  • Couscous
together with instructions on how to make ras el hanout, harissa, and some other nice things....

Yours, in culinary mode,
N.

No comments: