Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cooking again

One of the things I like about summer is that I get to do all sorts of cool things with students --- teaching them how to do research, showing them the beauty of mathematics, demonstrating origami, hanging out with incredibly bright young people.

One of the downsides of this, however, is that I have less time, generally, to spend in the kitchen, and given how I love to cook, this can sometimes be a problem.  Over the past few days we've had an incredibly busy time with the program at work, and so it wasn't until yesterday that I got to get back in the kitchen.  Yesterday, bread.  Today, spaghetti with sauce.  Tomorrow, spare ribs, cooked in the oven in a marinade of vinegar, molasses, ginger, garlic, etc.
Monday, lots of stuff for our annual cookout for the students.

Yours, glad to be back behind a cutting board with a knife, where I belong,
N.

No comments: