Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's not just a lack of civility

It's the lack of sense, the utter stupidity of it that gets to me.
I watched Obama's speech last night, was moderately impressed by his rhetoric, and less so by his moves to the right on policy, the fact that he's already given up so much to get to where we are, all to the resounding wall of "No!" from the GOP.

But the fact that Joe Wilson could shout out "Liar!" the way he did (and there are rumours that he twittered about his plans to do this ahead of time, making it premeditated incivility) and still be treated as a normal decent human being (in particular, by some in the news media) is incredible to me.

My favourite reaction to all over this (better even that Obama's professorial stare at him, and Pelosi's head-snapping double take) is the following image. Borrowed from elsewhere, and if it is your image, I apologise: let me know and I'll give you credit or take it down.


Yours, sick of the childishness,
N.

No comments: