Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Origami

I'm a mediocre, perhaps a little better, folder. I can make simple and intermediate models well, and sometimes I can do a decent job of folding a high-intermdiate/low-complex model okay. And I'm getting better: folding every day helps, as does teaching children and others.
But today, for the first time, I folded a four-star Montroll model: his spider from his book of birds and bugs in origami. Perhaps the most complex model I've ever folded, but of the complex models I've tried, perhaps the easiest. Still, I did it!
And the result looked a lot like it was supposed to.
I'd post a picture, but it rapidly got given to the children, and I've no idea where it is (or, for that matter, whether it is still folded!)

After I've folded it a few times, perhaps then I'll post a picture.

Yours, temporarily proud,
N.

No comments: