Friday, January 16, 2009

Eighty seven hours to go

In a little more than three days, we'll finally have some sanity back in the executive branch. Perhaps also some good judgement, respect for the law and the constitution, and more.
Not that I expect all to be smooth sailing and perfection: I fully expect the economy in particular to be awful for a year or more to come, and the international situation still looks quite dreadful. But at least, I hope, there will be change, and the direction of said change will be positive.
I also expect to be mightily pissed off by Obama on many occasions: indeed, if he agreed with everything I think, he'd never survive in politics! Not in this country, anyway. But here's to hope, and to change, in the right direction.

Yours, counting the hours,
N.

No comments: